Now Showing On YouTube

Friday, April 25, 2008

Pomegranate Mysteries

Hair uncombed and teeth unbrushed, I groggily added the grounds to my stove top espresso pot to begin the morning after a long Shabbat of teaching and fellowship in our home in the Galilee. Rachel and Darlene had been stirring for a while, and Rachel had unexpectedly taken over the project that I had begun the night before - counting the seeds of a giant pomegranate.

Watching over her shoulder for a few moments to ensure the accuracy of the count was maintained, I noticed a little Sony pocket camera on the counter in front of her and a thought struck me. "Darlene! I need your help. Come down to the kitchen," I bellered up the stairs.

I set the pocket camera on "movie" and I directed the newly appointed camera person to focus in on the split pomegranate, and then to back up to frame the shot of Rachel into which I would enter from the side. As the smell of fresh espresso filled the room, I was awakened to the fact that an Internet program need not be a carefully scripted 28 minute 30 second production in order to be a viable teaching platform. What resulted from that impromptu low-resolution video session is, "Pomegranate Mysteries".

With the fun stylings of "video magician", Chris Hanna, I am presenting the first half of this light-weight video on the Internet for your enjoyment. As you watch it please remember that this is not a million dollar an episode Hollywood reality series that is rehearsed and planned to the nth detail, but rather the result of less than 30 seconds of planning and no rehearsal.

If you enjoy the first half of the video please let me know. We will be happy to air the other half of the video on the Internet for your entertainment and spiritual enrichment.

Watch the video now.

Chag Sameach (Happy Holy Days)

Michael Rood

No comments: